The Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE) has established a Conference Scholarship program to assist high school and college students, classroom teachers, and beginning (1-2 years experience) outdoor center educators attend the annual conference. Annual scholarship funds are derived from the previous year's conference Silent Auction. As such, the amount of funds varies each year.
The scholarship covers the cost of conference registration fees only. Transportation and accommodations are not included.
All completed applications that are received
by the deadline, January 6th, will
be reviewed by the MAEOE Scholarship Selection Panel.
Your privacy is of the utmost concern. All information
included in the application will be kept private and
confidential. Selection will take place during January
with notifications sent out on or before January 20th.
- Open only to students, teachers, and non-formal eductors associated with Maryland based schools or organizations
- You must agree to become a member of MAEOE to take advantage of the scholarship
- This must be the first MAEOE conference you have ever attended
- You must commit to writing a post-conference summary of your experience
- You are expected to take full advangtage of this opportunity
- Funds cannot be applied for future conferences
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated financial need
- commitment to environmental/outdoor education
- demonstrated an interest in MAEOE outside the scholarship application
- well thought out professional development plan
- overall presentation of materials
Bonus Points Awarded for:
- teachers that come as a team from their school - up to 3 teachers may apply from one school.
- outdoor center educators working at a Certified Maryland Green Center.
- applications from one of MAEOE's geographic areas of concern - Western Maryland, Eastern Shore