Volunteer to Make a Difference
Green Leaders are linked to a local Green Center and act as MAEOE's ambassadors and navigators for the Maryland Green Schools program by:
- introducing uncertified schools to the Maryland Green Schools program
- meeting with a school's Green School team as they work towards certification
- volunteering at the annual Youth Summit
- volunteering as a Green Schools Reviewer at the MAEOE Conference
A Green Leader can be a parent, educator, student, naturalist or anyone who is involved, committed and wants to make their community more sustainable. Other responsibilities of a Green Leader may include:
- staying up-to-date with the Green Schools application process and attend training every 1-2 years
- helping review the green schools program application before submitting it to MAEOE
- assisting the establishment of Sustainable Practices (Objective 2 of the Application)
- connecting schools with local experts for support of Sustainable Practices
- working with a school to secure funding for projects
I receive satisfaction that I am able to assist schools in becoming certified Green Schools. I enjoy supporting schools, assisting them to achieve their goals.Donald Belle
Green Leader Training Recording
To learn more about becoming a Green Leader, click here to watch our Info Session recording from October 2020. During the 1 hour info session, we discussed Green Leader roles, how to create a Green Team, answered questions, and more! This session was designed for adults who want to become Green Leaders in a school.
Green Leader Interest Form
If you are interested in becoming a Green Leader or continuing your work as a Green Leader, please click here to fill out a form to further gage your interest and learn more about your expertise.
Green Leader Meetings
If you are a Green Leader or interested in becoming a Green Leader, please click here to register for the Zoom link for our November Green Leader meeting on Tuesday, November 9th from 4-5pm. November's Green Leader meeting will be replaced with an open Green Schools Committee meeting. This meeting is an opportunity to learn about the work the Green Schools Committee is doing and ask questions.
Green Leader meetings are typically held on the first Monday of every month from 4:00-4:45pm. Please check the MAEOE website to sign up for these meetings.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
On This Page
Green Leaders are a crucial part of a school's successful application to the Maryland Green Schools program.