Volunteer to Make a Difference
Green Leaders are linked to a local Green Center and act as MAEOE's ambassadors and navigators for the Maryland Green Schools program by:
- introducing uncertified schools to the Maryland Green Schools program
- meeting with a school's Green School team as they work toward certification
- assisting at the annual Youth Summit
- volunteering as a Green Schools application reviewer
A Green Leader can be a parent, educator, student, naturalist, or anyone who is involved, committed and wants to make their community more sustainable. Other responsibilities of a Green Leader may include:
- staying up-to-date with the Green Schools application process and attend training every 1-2 years
- helping review the Green Schools program application before submitting it to MAEOE
- assisting the establishment of Sustainable Practices (Objective 2 of the Green Schools Application)
- connecting schools with local experts for support of Sustainable Practices and establishing lasting partnerships
- working with a school to secure funding for projects
I receive satisfaction that I am able to assist schools in becoming certified Green Schools. I enjoy supporting schools, assisting them to achieve their goals.Donald Belle
Green Leader Meetings
If you are a Green Leader or interested in becoming a Green Leader, please click here to register and get the Zoom link for our upcoming meetings. You can choose to attend as many as you like. Green Leader meetings are typically held from 3:30-4:30 PM on 11/6, 12/4, 1/8, 2/5, 3/4, 4/8, and 5/6.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.