Volunteer to Make a Difference
Green Leaders are linked to a local Green Center and act as MAEOE's ambassadors and navigators for the Maryland Green Schools program by:
- introducing uncertified schools to the Maryland Green Schools program
- meeting with a school's Green School team as they work towards certification
- volunteering at the annual Youth Summit
- volunteering as a Green Schools Reviewer at the MAEOE Conference
A Green Leader can be a parent, educator, student, naturalist or anyone who is involved, committed and wants to make their community more sustainable. Other responsibilities of a Green Leader may include:
- staying up-to-date with the Green Schools application process and attend training every 1-2 years
- helping review the green schools program application before submitting it to MAEOE
- assisting the establishment of Sustainable Practices (Objective 2 of the Application)
- connecting schools with local experts for support of Sustainable Practices
- working with a school to secure funding for projects
I receive satisfaction that I am able to assist schools in becoming certified Green Schools. I enjoy supporting schools, assisting them to achieve their goals.Donald Belle
Green Leader Training Recording
To learn more about becoming a Green Leader, click here to watch our Info Session recording from October 2020. During the 1 hour info session, we discussed Green Leader roles, how to create a Green Team, answered questions, and more! This session was designed for adults who want to become Green Leaders in a school.
Green Leader Interest Form
If you are interested in becoming a Green Leader or continuing your work as a Green Leader, please click here to fill out a form to further gage your interest and learn more about your expertise.
Green Leader Meetings
If you are a Green Leader or interested in becoming a Green Leader, please click here to sign up for our Green Leader meeting on Monday, August 2nd, 2021 from 4:00-4:45pm. Green Leader meetings are held on the first Monday of every month from 4:00-4:45pm. Please check the MAEOE website to sign up for these meetings.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.