This year our theme is “Full STEAM Ahead.” The focus is on the amazing ways that students are using STEAM at school and in their communities to make the world a greener, healthier place. We are looking for student exhibitors and student speakers to participate in the event.
MAEOE is looking for students that would like to share their work with others. The goal is to showcase your students' projects and be able to talk with other students about how they were completed. If you are enthusiastic about your Green School efforts and would like to share your achievements with like-minded peers, we encourage you to apply! Space is limited, so register early!
With this year's theme, “Full STEAM Ahead: Hold the Environment in the Highest E-STEAM,” student speakers will focus on how schools are integrating S.T.E.A.M. into curriculum, projects, outdoor learning, and more and possibly with their communities to make the world a greener, healthier place. We are looking to highlight up to four student projects at the award ceremonies. If you teach in a K-12 Maryland Green School or are applying in 2018-2019 and have students who did a Green School-related project this year, you are eligible to apply for your students to present.
Presentations can describe projects that cover Water Conservation, Energy Conservation, Solid Waste Management, Habitat Restoration, Structures for Environmental Learning, Responsible Transportation, Healthy School Environment, Community Outreach, Stewardship, and more. Presentations should be dynamic, creative and fun for an audience of mostly students PreK-12.
Your students’ presentation should motivate other students to go back to their own schools and think about their role in their school and their community. Presentation length: 5 minutes maximum.
- Presenters must be students. Teacher/mentors may help with application however the main presentation must be given by the student/s.
- Presentation length can not be longer than 5 minutes. There are no visual presentations during the keynote (e.g. PowerPoint or Prezi Presentations). Microphone will be available.
- Students and chaperones must be present at the Youth Summit on May 30th.
- Applications questionnaires are due by April 29th by 5 PM.
- Please describe the Green School project(s) that your student(s) would speak about. (Please limit to 200 words)
- Understanding that the details may change over time, please give us the general format and plan for the presentation.
- How will the student(s) present this information? How will the student(s) make it interactive?
- What will other students gain from hearing about this project?
April 29, 2019 by 5 PM.
Notification of Speaking
Teachers/Mentors will be notified by May 7th.