Earn Your Environmental Educator Certification in 8 Online Sessions
Dates: March 21 – May 14, 2021
Time: Tuesdays 5:00–9:00 p.m.
MAEOE has partnered with Notre Dame of Maryland University to offer a series of online workshops focused on interdisciplinary, hands-on learning. This series of online workshops focus on interdisciplinary, hands-on learning. Each day focuses on engaging projects using guides from and presentations by the Department of Natural Resources, National Oceanic, Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and NASA. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of biodiversity studies and Meaningful Watershed Education Experiences (MWEEs) that they can apply to their education sites.
WHY BECOME CERTIFIED?
- Most professions have a certification program
- There is no environmental education degree program in Maryland
- Environmental education is interdisciplinary. Educators need solid training in science, social studies, economics, education, etc.
- High-quality EE supports education reform goals and can positively impact school performance as seen by State Environment and Education Roundtable’s (SEER) “Environment as an Integrating Context” research and other studies.
- Helps to support Green School status and initiatives.
$395 a credit, 1 credit, and 3 credit graduate and undergraduate options
MAEOE EE certification fee
- Member $125
- Non-member $175
- Membership is $40/year
Visit www.maeoe.org/join to join today
Macey Cozzolino, academic advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
Please note, this is NOT a certification from MSDE and does not qualify you to teach in a public school.
MAEOE Environmental Education Certification Program
The MAEOE Environmental Education Certification Program is a portfolio-based certification program, where applications are accepted year-round, dedicated to improving training and resources for professional environmental educators, both formal and non-formal.
Participants can receive up to three MSDE CPD units.
Contact email@example.com for information on how to get started online.
Based of the standards set by North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE), certification requires that applicants demonstrate competency in the areas of:
- Environmental literacy
- Foundations of environmental education
- Professional responsibilities
- Planning and implementing environmental education
- Fostering learning
- Assessment and evaluation
Applicants should have at least two years of field experience. Scholarships are available based upon need and veterans may qualify under the Veterans Education Assistance Act.
MAEOE has two tracks: Master Certification and Certification.
Master EE Certification is meant for people with a minimum of five years of experience while certification has two years of experience. Formal and non-formal educators are encouraged to apply. Please note, this is NOT a certification from MSDE and does not qualify you to teach in a public school. Self-paced and self-guided, online EE Certification.
EE Certification this option is for anyone starting out in the environmental education field. A professional certification that demonstrates that you have an understanding of the foundations of environmental education and environmental literacy.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certification expands opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Effective environmental educators benefit from interdisciplinary training in a range of subjects, such as science, social studies, economics and education.
- High quality environmental education supports education reform goals and can positively impact school performance.
Why Get Certified?
The video below provides a deep look at the certification process.
Interested in learning more? Email us today!
On This Page
The MAEOE Environmental Education Certification Program is a portfolio-based certification program, where applications are accepted year-round, dedicated to improving training and resources for professional environmental educators.