The MAEOE Environmental Education Certification Program is a portfolio-based certification program, where applications are accepted year-round, dedicated to improving training and resources for professional environmental educators, both formal and non-formal.
Participants can receive up to three MSDE CPD units.
Contact email@example.com for information on how to get started online.
Based of the standards set by North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE), certification requires that applicants demonstrate competency in the areas of:
- Environmental literacy
- Foundations of environmental education
- Professional responsibilities
- Planning and implementing environmental education
- Fostering learning
- Assessment and evaluation
Applicants should have at least two years of field experience. Scholarships are available based upon need and veterans may qualify under the Veterans Education Assistance Act.
MAEOE has two tracks: Master Certification and Certification.
Master EE Certification is meant for people with a minimum of five years of experience while certification has two years of experience. Formal and non-formal educators are encouraged to apply. Please note, this is NOT a certification from MSDE and does not qualify you to teach in a public school. Self-paced and self-guided, online EE Certification.
EE Certification this option is for anyone starting out in the environmental education field. A professional certification that demonstrates that you have an understanding of the foundations of environmental education and environmental literacy.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
EARN YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATOR CERTIFICATION
ONLINE SESSIONS (offered twice)
- March 23 – May 11, 2021 Tuesdays 5:00–9:00 p.m. AND
- July 5 - 9, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
MAEOE has partnered with Notre Dame of Maryland University to offer a series of online workshops focused on interdisciplinary, hands-on learning. Each day focuses on engaging projects using guides from and presentations by the Department of Natural Resources, National Oceanic, Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and NASA. Participants will gain an in depth understanding of biodiversity studies and Meaningful Watershed Education Experiences (MWEEs) that they can apply to their education sites.
- $1,450.00 for 3 graduate credits, optional Maryland Environmental Educator Certification available for additional $125.00
- $610.00 (no registration fee) for 1 graduate credit plus Maryland Environmental Educator Certification
Space is limited!
Dr. Juliann Dupuis, email@example.com for registration information
- Certification expands opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Effective environmental educators benefit from interdisciplinary training in a range of subjects, such as science, social studies, economics and education.
- High quality environmental education supports education reform goals and can positively impact school performance.
Why Get Certified?
The video below provides a deep look at the certification process.
Interested in learning more? Email us today!
On This Page
The MAEOE Environmental Education Certification Program is a portfolio-based certification program, where applications are accepted year-round, dedicated to improving training and resources for professional environmental educators.