After-School Program Instructor
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland
Organization: Irvine Nature Center
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization that offers programs of environmental studies and natural science to children and adults of the greater Baltimore area. Our mission is to educate and inspire current and future generations to explore, respect and protect nature.
Irvine Nature Center is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and organized individual to prepare for and lead hands-on, outdoor environmental education for after-school programs, with elementary aged children. This position will be responsible for the supervision of program volunteers and interns.
• Lead environmental education lesson plans for school-aged children.
• Create and prepare materials, lessons and manipulatives needed for program.
• Communicate with parents, personnel, and others to provide information on such things as program activities and student progress.
• Maintain classroom discipline for the benefit of student safety and an enriched learning environment.
• Ensure that program policies and procedures are followed at the school site.
• Must be able to attend monthly team meetings and quarterly family events.
• Applicants must be interested in natural sciences, environmental and science education, outdoor recreation, or related fields
• Work experience with children
• Strong interest in the environment and natural history
• Strong interest in education
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with (or enthusiasm to learn) a variety of environmental education activities
• Your own transportation
Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Outdoor Education, or Human Services. Natural sciences, social work, or related fields also considered.
• 10-15 hours per week
• Must have availability between 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Email to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org