Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Irvine Nature Center - 11201 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117
Organization: Irvine Nature Center
The Director of Marketing of Irvine Nature Center is responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive marketing and communication plan for the organization, telling its story effectively. The comprehensive plan includes increasing external visibility and participation in all the organization’s programmatic activities, maintaining the brand and content of the organization’s publications, advertising, digital tools and promotional materials. The Director of Marketing works closely with the Director of Education to promote Irvine’s programs and with the Director of Development to maximize the organization’s fundraising efforts. This is a full-time position and reports to the Executive Director.
MEDIA & PR
• Develops and implements a marketing strategy that effectively markets Irvine and educates the public in terms of Irvine’s educational offerings.
• Directs market research activities to track changing demographics and other relevant issues to evaluate marketing and communication activities and monitor emerging issues.
• Develops media contact list and maintains a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media, ensuring that the media is aware of Irvine’s upcoming activities and shares them to the public.
• Serves as Irvine’s point person and spokesperson to the media.
• Develops Irvine’s general and customized media kits.
• Writes press releases and WYPR scripts for podcast frequency.
PRINT, WEB & BRAND
• Manages brand and key messaging in all media, including online and print sources and relevant social media.
• Manages the organization’s website, including developing and posting content, maintaining a useful navigational system, and identifying and supervising outsourced web vendor.
• Supervises outsourced graphic designer(s) and manages all Irvine printed materials including:
o The Annual Report in coordination with the Director of Development
o “Understory” - produced 4 times per year (create editorial plan, manage staff assignments, prepare production timeline, oversee design and production, write articles)
o Brochures – Education, Camp, Membership, Corporate, etc.
o eNewsletter and other eMessages
o Stationary, invitations, and business cards
• Attends Full Board, marketing committee, and Irvine leadership team meetings.
• Reports statistics (including web, eNews, social media, new members, etc.) to ILT team.
• Works with Irvine management team to create monthly director reporting tool and assists with internal communications.
• Contributes to onsite signage look, feel, design and fabrication.
• Develops partnerships with other environmental and community organizations.
• Researches and responds to opportunities for exposure in the community (including, but not limited to, speaking engagements and presence at fairs and festivals).
• Keeps abreast of all trends in the industry.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience related to marketing, communications, or public relations
• Excellent writing/content ability for web and print formats
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, PR, social media
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to engage and inspire visitors, donors and interact effectively with staff
• Commitment to Irvine’s mission and a keen interest in environmental issues
• Experience with internal and external communication strategies
Email to Apply: email@example.com