Nature Birthday Party Leader
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland
Organization: Irvine Nature Center
NATURE BIRTHDAY PARTY LEADER
Irvine Nature Center is looking for two weekend Nature Birthday Party Leaders to provide fun, educational nature birthday parties for kids ages 3-10. There are several themed parties including Wild Things, Woodland Fairies, and Barnyard Bash. Experience with children in a teaching setting preferred, as parties have up to 20 party guests in attendance. Enthusiasm is a must! Training will be provided, including training to work with live animals, which are part of the party experience. There is also an outdoor trail component to each party for kids to play games or explore an aspect of nature. Science and natural history background is strongly recommended – kids (and their parents) will ask lots of questions! Lastly, art projects, songs, and stories are also incorporated into the nature birthday party experience. Creative, high-energy, nature-loving educators wanted!
• Must be available weekends.
• Hours are on Saturdays and/or Sundays from 9a.m. to 6p.m. with occasional Friday parties from 4-6p.m. or 6-8p.m.
• Must have own reliable transportation.
• Must have high school degree. Some college coursework in Education or related field preferred.
• Must have previous experience and references for work with children.
• Natural history and science background preferred.
• Must have excellent communication skills and professional demeanor.
• Must be enthusiastic, reliable, and fun!
Send cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to Emily Ludy, Irvine Nature Center, 11201 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117 by email at HR@ExploreNature.org
Email to Apply: email@example.com