Summer Nature Camp Counselor
Full- or Part-time Temporary/Seasonal
Location: Irvine Nature Center - 11201 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117
Organization: Irvine Nature Center
Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization located in Owings Mills, Maryland that offers a wide variety of environmental programs to people of all ages. Counselors are responsible for the direct supervision of campers ranging in age from 3 to 17 years old. The Camp Counselors will lead trail activities, animal encounters, hiking, and nature play. A few camps require a night program that will run until 8pm.
The Camp Counselor should be passionate about bringing nature and environmental education to the lives of young children. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have experience working with children, thrive outdoors, and are energetic and creative teachers. Counselors ensure our camps are a fun, safe, and educational experience for all while also being active learners, eager to try new environmental education teaching strategies in a summer camp environment!
Summer Nature Camp (SNC) is a Day Camp that runs Monday-Friday for 6 weeks during the summer from July 12- August 20, 2021.
• Direction, supervision, and organization of campers
• Development and implementation of natural history activities
• Daily set-up and clean-up (including disinfecting) of classrooms and common areas
• Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff
• Be a positive role model to campers, volunteers, interns, and other staff
• Represent Irvine Nature Center well when interacting with parents and the community
• 20-40 hours/week depending on availability
• After-care positions available to work 3:30-6 p.m.
• Must be available Mon-Fri, 8:00AM – 6:00PM – actual hours will fall between these times
• Some night programs may be required
• June 28 – July 2 and July 12 – August 20 availability preferred
• Experience working with children ages 3-17
• Interest in and experience with natural history and/or education
• Flexibility as program needs may change from week to week
• Age 18+
• Must pass a criminal background check
Compensation: $12-15/hour starting- commensurate with experience
TO APPLY: Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to: Diana Roman, Irvine Nature Center, 11201 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117 or email email@example.com
Website to Apply: https://www.explorenature.org/employment/
Email to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org