MAEOE Conference Scholarships available!
Each year, MAEOE offers scholarships to help formal and non-traditional educators and students attend our annual conference. We value having widely diverse participation in our conference and are committed to embracing historically underrepresented groups and school districts by providing financial assistance to keep registration fees from being a barrier. With the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on education, this is especially important to us this year.
I would recommend the conference to educators of all walks of life – I teach social studies and math and my eyes were opened to some of the exciting ways to bring environmental education into my classroom! -Meghan O’Leary
The scholarship covers the cost of standard conference registration fee only. Transportation and accommodations are not included.
All completed applications that are received by the deadline will be reviewed by the MAEOE Scholarship Selection Panel. Your privacy is of the utmost concern. All information included in the application will be kept private and confidential.
After filling out the general application information, you will have to answer the following questions:
1. What do you want to gain from attending the conference?
2. How do you plan to apply what you have learned from the conference?
3. Please describe your prior involvement with MAEOE.
4. Please explain your need for a scholarship.
- Open only to students, teachers, and non-formal educators associated with Maryland based schools or organizations
- If you are attending the in-person conference in Ocean City, you are asked to volunteer for up to two hours.
- You must commit to writing a post-conference summary of your experience
- You are expected to take full advantage of this opportunity
- Funds cannot be applied for future conferences
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated financial need
- commitment to environmental/outdoor education
- demonstrated an interest in MAEOE outside the scholarship application
- well thought out professional development plan
- overall presentation of materials
Bonus Points Awarded for:
- teachers that come as a team from their school - up to 3 teachers may apply from one school.
- outdoor center educators working at a Certified Maryland Green Center.
- applications from one of MAEOE's geographic priority areas - Western Maryland, Eastern Shore, Baltimore City
Terms and Conditions
- If selected for a scholarship you must volunteer 2 hours of your time at the conference.
- Scholarship recipients must submit a post-conference summary (due by March 31st).
- Scholarship funds can only be used for the 2023 conference.
- Awardees must register for the conference by the early bird deadline.
MAEOE Annual Conference
- Exhibitors and Sponsorship
- 2023 Conference Fees
- Special Events and Activities
- Conference Scholarships
- Conference Schedule At A Glance & Friday / Sat Grids
- Hotel Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MAEOE Conference Keynote Speaker - Anna Rathmann
- MAEOE Conference Opening Speaker - Dr. Rose Brusaferro
- Project Learning Tree
- Environmental Education Certification
- Courses and Training
- Jobs Board
- Robert Finton Award