Join us virtually in February! This year, we have a reduced conference price, amazing member discounts, and more scholarships!
- 30% member discount until January 4th.
- 20% member discount until January 31.
10 Reasons to Attend the 2021 MAEOE Conference from February 3-7!
- Keynote Speaker, Dr. John Francis
- The Drawdown Project
- NASA Professional Development and Community Science Panel
- Global Sustainable Schools Panel
- Sessions, panels, and social events throughout all four days.
- Opportunities to network and meet new people from around the globe.
- Learn from educators, scientists, researchers, and resource personnel as they share their experiences and ideas.
- Recorded sessions so the conference fits into your schedule.
- It’s environmentally friendly.
- There are no travel costs.
Take a MAEOE Moment
- Check out sessions, topics, and presenters in the Registration Guide.
- Watch this video and get some tips on registering for the conference.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. John Francis
Dr. John Francis is known globally as the Planetwalker. His worldwide pilgrimage works to transcend cultural, social and political boundaries by fostering communication between young people, scientists and environmental practitioners.
- Climate Science
- Natural History and In-depth Science
- Tips, tricks, technology, and lessons from the field
- Greening Schools
- Expanding Capacity
- Ag Education
Wednesday Conference opening : The Drawdown
Thursday NASA PD and Aldo Leopold: Half Day (afternoon) or Full Day
In-depth learning experiences to give educators the background knowledge and confidence to teach GLOBE subjects in their classrooms or centers.
Friday Workshops: Half Day (3 hours AM or PM) or Full Day
Pre-conference sessions designed to deliver activities and lessons.
Friday International Sustainable Schools Panel
Education experts from Scotland, Australia, Mexico, and Maryland. Moderated by Dr. Andrea Kane, Queen Anne's County Public Schools and Samia Kassid, World Future Council.
Saturday Sessions: 60 or 120 minute workshops
Sessions cover a wide range of topics and give teachers and educators exposure to lessons, tips, best practices, and climate education.
Go on a DIY adventure with a Green Center! All conference attendees will get a link to information about Green Centers across the state about their programming during the MAEOE conference and beyond.
Sunday Movie with TOM HORTON
Join us at 12:30 to watch High Tide in Dorchester followed by Q&A with Tom Horton. This will be a zoom meeting. If you are registered for the conference, you can attend this event. Registration for the event will be open soon.
Presenters are expected to register for the conference. If you are presenting on Thursday or Friday, but would like to attend sessions Thursday, Friday or Saturday you MUST register appropriately. Watch for Presenter webinars for help with the Accelevent platform.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations for exceptional environmental educators to win the 2021 Are being accepted until 5:00pm on December 18, 2020.
For more information about the Finton Award: CLICK HERE
To submit a nomination: CLICK HERE
On This Page
The MAEOE Annual Conference is the largest statewide environmental education conference in the nation and the only conference of its kind in the State of Maryland. The conference brings together 600+ formal and non-formal educators for four days of learning, discussion, and collaboration, networking, exhibits, and sharing resources from the classroom, the school grounds, and the community.
Dates: February 3 - 7, 2021
Location: VIRTUAL - ACCELEVENT, an interactive platform that ensures you will have a great experience.
Click here for the Schedule At A Glance