The Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education has expanded the Conference Scholarship program to assist high school and full-time students, classroom teachers, schools professionals supporting "Green Schools" work and beginning (1-2 years experience) outdoor center educators attend the annual conference. MAEOE raises funds from the previous year's conference Silent Auction. This year we have increased the amount available through a grant. If you are a first-time attendee of the conference or are working with a Green School and haven't attended in a while, we have scholarships available on a rolling basis.
I would recommend the conference to educators of all walks of life – I teach social studies and math and my eyes were opened to some of the exciting ways to bring environmental education into my classroom! -Meghan O’Leary
The scholarship covers the cost of the conference registration fee, Wednesday - Sunday, Feb 3 - 7, 2021.
All completed applications that are received will be reviewed by the MAEOE Scholarship Selection Panel. Your privacy is of the utmost concern. All information included in the application will be kept private and confidential.
After filling out the general application information, you will have to answer the following questions:
1. What do you want to gain from attending the conference?
2. How do you plan to apply what you have learned from the conference?
3. Please describe your prior involvement with MAEOE.
4. Please explain your need for a scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- If selected for a scholarship you must volunteer 2 hours of your time at the conference.
- Scholarship recipients must submit a post-conference summary (due by March 31st).
- Scholarship funds can only be used for the 2021 conference.
- Awardees must register for the conference with the discount code given in the confirmation email.
On This Page
The Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education has established a Conference Scholarship program to assist high school and college students, classroom teachers, and beginning (1-2 years experience) outdoor center educators attend the annual conference.
We raise scholarship funds with the Silent Auction, the amount of funds varies every year. Full and partial scholarships are available.
The scholarship covers the cost of standard conference registration fee, Wed - Sunday, February 3 - 7.
Scholarship Closes: December 31st
Scholarship will be announced on a rolling basis
Awardees can register once they have received notification.