Volunteer to Make a Difference
Green Leaders are linked to a local Green Center and act as MAEOE's ambassadors and navigators for the Maryland Green Schools program by:
- introducing uncertified schools to the Maryland Green Schools program
- meeting with a school's Green School team as they work towards certification
- volunteering at the annual Youth Summit
- volunteering as a Green Schools Reviewer at the MAEOE Conference
A Green Leader can be a parent, educator, student, naturalist or anyone who is involved, committed and wants to make their community more sustainable. Other responsibilities of a Green Leader may include:
- staying up-to-date with the Green Schools application process and attend training every 1-2 years
- helping review the green schools program application before submitting it to MAEOE
- assisting the establishment of Sustainable Practices (Objective 2 of the Application)
- connecting schools with local experts for support of Sustainable Practices
- working with a school to secure funding for projects
I receive satisfaction that I am able to assist schools in becoming certified Green Schools. I enjoy supporting schools, assisting them to achieve their goals.Donald Belle
Green Leader Training
To become a Green Leader, applicants attend one of the MAEOE training workshops held around the state in the fall and the spring. The training highlights the Maryland Green School Application process and provides resources for Green Leaders and teachers. Attendance at one of these workshops is required if you are supporting a school with their application.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or check back another time for training dates.